Louvre to hike ticket prices for most non-EU tourists
Digest more
French authorities announced four more people have been arrested in the probe into last month's spectacular daylight heist of imperial jewels from the Louvre museum.
The 39-year-old man has six previous convictions and has now been handed preliminary charges of robbery by an organized gang.
At least eight people have been arrested in connection with the robbery of the world's most-visited museum, officials say.
A Paris prosecutor said two men and two women were arrested as part of an investigation into the robbery at the museum.
A documentary details last month’s robbery of some $100 million in glittering loot.
French police have arrested another four people as the hunt continues for jewels stolen in last month’s Louvre heist.
Four more people were arrested Tuesday in connection with the Oct. 19 heist at the Louvre Museum, Paris prosecutors announced. All four — two men, aged 38 and 39, and two women, 31 and 40 — are from the Paris region, Laure Beccuau, a prosecutor for the city, said in a statement.
All four suspects believed to have carried out the robbery have now been arrested and charged, but he stolen jewellery is still missing.